Hola familia!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BDAY
PACKAGE!!!! I finally got it last friday from some trainer's meeting
thing in Davenport--I almost hugged the AP when he gave it to me, I was
so happy! Holy cow you really went all out! I especially loved the
cards--I read them like every day and am obsessed with them. The cat
shirt....should've seen that coming ;) Tell Jazz thanks mucho for the
cheesecake! We haven't had time to make it, but will soon!!
Yup, Linds and I email. She is incredible!!!
Yup, we got
the packages!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for the packages. The book for the
Medinas was perfect, and she loved it! They are incredible ward
missionaries. Like perfect!! Straight from PMG and a million times
better than the District. I want you to meet them so bad!!
Becky and Joe are back on track! We had a killer awesome church
tour with them and a slam down a few days later. We got there and Becky
was about to leave, all upset. But then I showed her the V8 juice we
brought her and she was all peachy. Then we got inside and they were at
each other (finances are low) so we just sat there and chilled. I said,
"Becky, what did we tell you to do when you feel upset and angry?"
.....pause...... "pray." "yup!!! Have you prayed yet?" .....pause......
"no." "Ok, let's pray." So Hna P then prayed and I taught them right
after that from John 15 about God's commandment to love. It was great
and they committed to try harder. Then on Saturday we solidified their
date and went over the bap interview questions--they were solid!! We
still have to get Joe to stop drinking tea and review some of the
commandments and teach chastity and tithiing and fasting, but besides
that they are so ready. We got outside and joe wanted to show us his
shed, so he did and it was so cute :) he told his mormon neighbors,
"we're going to take the plunge!!" it was great. Then, the next morning,
true to fashion, Becky called and dropped us again. it was depressing.
They didn't come to Church and it was sad. I talked to Joe and he was
still on date and believed. She would call and say, "I never want you to
come back to my house again" and then hang up. Bless her heart. She
called us again that night and told us sorry and that she felt bad. I
answered her questions that made her upset. She had called her brother
who had told her that we were a cult and that we were not Christians. in
her words, "I was so upset because I want to be a christian not a
mormon". Hahaha I told her that we were Christian, and the full name of
the church, and she was ecstatic it was so cute :) They're on date :)
I'm convinced that I am here in Iowa for a specific reason, and one of
those reasons is Becky and Joe. I can relate to them, and whenever we go
over there I mostly teach the whole thing, because I just know what to
say and how to say it. It's not because I'm a super gospel genious, or
because I really know my stuff or because I'm like the coolest
missionary ever....it's because the Lord wants them to learn the gospel,
and I happen to be here with the ability to love the crap out of them
and help them understand gospel principles. Sheesh!!! I love being a
missionary :)
I played piano yesterday in Churhc in RS. Really, this is like a
regular utah ward (the building we attend is newer than our stake
center) and just as large--if not larger. The only difference is that
there is about 20-30 spanish members and that's why we're here :) We
teach mostly in english right now. our spanish investigators are
few--ricardo (new this past week), and martin (the man who has been
taking lessons for 4 years with a date) and marioro (new two weeks ago).
I've seen the hand of the Lord directly in my life and in this work
many times this week. Yesterday, I was feeling particularly burdened
and down and impatient. I mustered everything i could to be loving and
kind and practically babysat through sacrament meeting (if that's even
possible to babysit and not touch children). I was feeling the strength
of the Lord aiding me because of my efforts to forget myself and focus
on others. I mustered up enough courage to ask the elders for a
blessing. The blessing was incredible--it talked about beautiful things
and it was directly from my father in Heaven. It said that I have
brought joy to those you've taught here in Iowa but in Argentina you'll
bring light to those who are lost. That is a specific phrase that is
from my setting apart blessing. That I'll bring light to those in
spiritual darkness. I was comforted and knew that I'm actually making a
difference in these people's lives. It's so hard when you love them so
much and want to do everything for them, and then you have to leave them
two weeks later. But, it was comforting to hear these words and know
that I am doing alright. Also in the middle of the blessing he simple
said, "He loves you. " It was so calm and in my heart I could feel those
words vibrating and making themselves permanent. I know that H eloves
me and loves all of you. Sometimes life is just downright discourageing,
and you just need to sit down and know that God loves you. Because He
does!! It's marvelous. Pray to feel His love this week: I promise it'll
come.
Love, Hermana Harkness
| Hermana and her birthday box |
No comments:
Post a Comment